Role of the Creative & Cultural Council
To enhance arts and culture in Paducah, the City established the Paducah Creative & Cultural Council in December 2019 (Paducah Code of Ordinances Chapter 2). The roles and functions of the Council are as follows:
- Acting as a resource for local artists and organizations.
- Undertaking initiatives that support the creative economy and the arts and culture ecosystem of Paducah.
- Uniting and connecting local partners to address community needs and make the community more healthy, vibrant and equitable.
- Recognizing, promoting and encouraging creative industry growth.
- Identifying funding and grant opportunities for local artists and arts & cultural organizations and assisting with the acquisition of said funding and grants.
- Coordinating efforts between agencies and individual artists and educating the public regarding community arts opportunities.
- Assisting with the installation of public art in neighborhoods, public places, and commercial corridors.
- Performing assessments on the state of arts and culture in Paducah.
The Council is composed of five Paducah citizens appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the Board in addition to the Planning Director, Neighborhood Project Planner, and the Grants Administrator. The ordinance says the Council will meet no less than quarterly.
April Cochran, Citizen (Chair)
Mary Katz, Citizen
Steven Page, Citizen
Cindy Ragland, Citizen
Melanie Reason, Neighborhood Project Planner
Shand Stamper, Citizen (Secretary)
Ty Wilson, Grants Administrator
Interested in Serving
If you are a Paducah citizen interested in serving on the Creative & Cultural Council, submit an application and a resume or biography to the City Clerk's Office. The application can be found at Boards and Commissions. Contact the City Clerk’s office at 270-444-8506 for more information.
April 15, 2021 Agenda
March 18, 2021 Agenda
February 22, 2021 Agenda
January 21, 2021 Agenda
December 17, 2020 Agenda
November 19, 2020 Agenda
October 15, 2020 Agenda
September 24, 2020 Agenda