Grant-in-Aid Program for Fiscal Year 2021
Note: Application period has closed for this fiscal year. Check back in 2021.
The City of Paducah is accepting applications for a Grant-In-Aid Program for non-profit agencies and for agencies providing a municipal service that meets the needs of the City. Agencies that have received funding in the past will need to submit applications. The total amount allocated for the Grant-In-Aid program for Fiscal Year 2021 is $1,474,880. Note: Due to the economic impact of the COVID-19 situation, the available Grant-in-Aid funding will be reduced. The City of Paducah reserves the right to award partial funding based upon budgetary considerations.
The Grant-in-Aid Categories are as follows (click the title for the application):
- Core Services Grant – eligible for agencies that provide a municipal service including but not limited to transportation, animal control, parks and recreation, and economic development.
- Quality of Life Standard Grant – eligible for non-profit agencies that provide programs or projects that benefit the quality of life for the residents of Paducah.
- Quality of Life Micro Grant – eligible for non-profit agencies providing programs or projects that benefit the quality of life for Paducah residents. The grant request is limited to $5000 or less.
- Catalyst Grant – eligible for non-profit agencies desiring to launch a new program or project that requires an infusion of financial support to start or expedite the process.
- Board of Commissioners Advocacy Grant – eligible for non-profit agencies that were not selected by the Grant-in-Aid-Review Panel but completed the application process.
Two workshops were held to review the application process and answer questions. These were held February 20 and 24.
Slide Presentation from Workshop >>
Grant-In-Aid Policy and Full Packet of Applications >>
The application deadline was Tuesday, March 31, 2020. NOTE: THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO THE END OF THE BUSINESS DAY ON JUNE 30, 2020. The application should be submitted by email to Ty Wilson, Grants Administrator. For any questions, contact Wilson by email or call 270-444-8509.
- Except for Core Services Funding, Agency must be a 501(c)3 organization.
- Agency must apply by the deadline. No late applications will be accepted.
- Applicants must complete an application, submit a proposal and attach all required supplementary documents.
- All agencies selected to receive a Grant-In-Aid funding (except for MicroGrant recipients) must provide an annual audit.
- Agencies selected to receive a grant will be required to enter into a Contract for Services with the City of Paducah.
- All grantees must provide an annual report on how the funds were used and the impact on the City.
- Applicants must show they have both the fiscal and human resources to complete projects
- Except for Core Services Funding, Applicants’ projects must directly correlate with the City of Paducah Strategic Plan. If you have questions relating to this portion of the Application, please contact Assistant City Manager Michelle Smolen.
Fiscal Year 2021 Grant-In-Aid Recipients
The Paducah Board of Commissioners approved on September 8, 2020, a municipal order listing the agencies that will receive a financial contribution from the City through the Grant-in-Aid program. The applications were reviewed by the Grant-in-Aid panel with recommendations provided to the City Manager’s office. More than three dozen agencies were considered for this limited pool of funding totaling $622,500. The approved list of agencies and the funding amounts for Fiscal Year 2021 are as follows:
- Barkley Regional Airport - $120,000
- Brooks Stadium - $7500
- Carson Center - $54,000
- Community Kitchen - $4500
- Hotel Metropolitan - $2500
- Maiden Alley Cinema - $5000
- Market House Theatre - $12,300
- Midtown Alliance of Neighbors - $15,000
- National Quilt Museum – $11,900
- Oscar Cross Boys & Girls Club - $4100
- Paducah Area Transit System - $215,000
- Paducah Civic Beautification Board - $3000
- Paducah Symphony Orchestra - $13,500
- Paxton Park Golf Course - $75,000
- Quilt Show - $15,000
- River Discovery Center - $4000
- Sprocket - $40,000
- Tornado League Football - $2000
- W.C. Young Community Center - $1100
- Yeiser Art Center - $17,100