City Hall: City Hall, located at 300 South 5th Street, will be closed Monday, September 2 for the Labor Day holiday.
Engineering-Public Works Department:
· The City of Paducah will not collect brush or limbs Monday, September 2.
· The trash collection schedule for the Labor Day week will not change.
· The Compost Facility located at 1560 North 8th Street will be closed on Monday, September 2 but will resume normal operating hours on Tuesday, September 2. The regular operating schedule for the Compost Facility is Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. -3 p.m.
Robert Coleman Spraypark: The Robert Coleman Spraypark, located at the corner of Walter Jetton Boulevard and Husbands Street, is open daily, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. The Parks Services Department plans to keep the Spraypark open until the weather turns significantly colder.
Labor Day Parade: The 2013 Labor Day Parade conducted by the Western Kentucky Labor Day Committee will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, September 2. The parade will follow Broadway starting at 14th Street. It will head toward downtown and turn left at 2nd Street until it disbands at Madison Street. In the downtown parking lot between Broadway and Jefferson, there will bands starting at 10 a.m., political speaking and an awards ceremony at noon, food and merchant vendors, inflatables for the kids, and train rides. The entertainment lasts until 5 p.m. The Farmers' Market will be open.
Before the parade begins, Broadway will be closed between 14th and 17th Streets to allow for the marshaling of the parade entries. A section of North 17th also will be used for the marshaling. Broadway from 14th Street to Water Street will close at 9 a.m. and remain closed until the parade safely passes.
Pets are allowed at parades. However, for the public’s safety, Chapter 14 of the City of Paducah Code of Ordinances lists three requirements to bring a dog to a special community event such as a parade or festival. The dog must be
1. licensed by McCracken County Animal Control or by any other state or county,
2. restrained by a leash or other lead that is no longer than three feet, and
3. restrained by a muzzle.