Beginning Tuesday, May 11, contractors working for the City of Paducah, Charbon and Jim Smith Contracting, will initiate milling and paving projects on numerous streets in Paducah. During the street resurfacing work, crews will work to keep one lane of traffic open; however, expect traffic interruptions and detours as needed to complete the work.
The following roads will be milled and then paved near Baptist Health Paducah:
- South 20th Street from Broadway to Kentucky Avenue
- Otis Dinning Drive from Broadway to Kentucky Avenue
- South 22nd Street from Kentucky Avenue to Washington Street
- Washington Street from South 22nd Street to South 21st Street
The following roads will be milled and then paved on Paducah’s Southside:
- Walter Jetton Boulevard from Jones Street to Leake Avenue
- Caldwell Street – street repair next to Paducah Board of Education (800 Caldwell Street)
- South 6th Street - street repair at intersection with Jones Street
Please use caution, and watch for the work crews and traffic control devices. Please avoid parking on the streets scheduled for rehabilitation.
These street rehabilitation projects are part of the City of Paducah’s annual street improvement plan. Part of the funding is provided through the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet’s Municipal Aid Program (MAP). MAP funds are collected from the State gas tax and are allocated for maintenance, reconstruction, or construction of city streets.
The City of Paducah maintains approximately 220 miles of streets. If you have a question, call the Engineering Department at 270-444-8511.