About the Park
Albert Jones Park is located at the former Henry Clay Elementary School site just northeast of Brooks Stadium. The park, located at 855 Joe Bryan Drive between Joe Bryan Drive, Guthrie Avenue, B Street, and South 21st Street, is approximately six acres with a walking path.
- Lighted, asphalt walking path 0.22 mile in length (1170 feet)
- Benches along walking path
- 4.2 acres
- Open green space in park center
To honor Albert Jones (pictured below) who served as Paducah's mayor from 1996 until 2000, on August 14, 2012, the Paducah Board of Commissioners approved renaming Henry Clay Park as Albert Jones Park. Jones was a Korean War veteran who also served as Commonwealth attorney, U.S. attorney, and a state representative. Commissioner Gerald Watkins initiated the renaming of the park.