About the Civic Center (CLOSED)
THE ROBERT CHERRY CIVIC CENTER IS CLOSED FOR A RENOVATION PROJECT.
The Robert Cherry Civic Center is located on a main thoroughfare of Paducah at 2701 Park Avenue next to Noble Park making it accessible for banquets, dances, trade shows, family and class reunions, and company meetings.
The building is dedicated to Robert C. Cherry who served three terms as mayor of Paducah, 1952-1956, 1960-1964, and 1968-1972.
Robert Cherry Civic Center Renovation Project
Facility Amenities and Rental
To reserve the Robert Cherry Civic Center, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 270-444-8508 or by email. The facility can be rented on a daily basis or partial days (Monday - Thursday only). Access is permitted from 8 a.m. until 1 a.m. the next morning. Free wireless internet access is available in the building. Parks and Recreation staff will put up a marquee and set up tables and chairs for your event. A podium and a sound system are available. The facility offers a lobby, restrooms, a kitchen with a concessions pass through area, and large open meeting space with a stage. The kitchen has a microwave, sink, refrigerator, and ice machine. The building is accessible with a ramp in the front. Designated accessible parking spaces are located on the side of the building next to a large parking lot.
- Square footage - 9377
- Building Capacity: 456 people (with tables & chairs) or standing room for 500 people
- Available for Rental: Year around
- Reservation fees: $300 - $1,000 per day (see below)
- Non-refundable deposit due at the time a reservation is made - $175.00 for the first day / $100.00 each additional consecutive day -- The non-refundable deposit is deducted from the reservation fee and the remaining balance is due 15 working days before the reserved date.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500 (check or cash only) - due at the time the key for the facility is picked up. If a check is used for the Refundable Damage Deposit, the name on the check must match a valid driver's license unless it is a non-profit/organizational check.
|Morning Rental (Monday - Thursday Only, 8 am- 1pm)||$300.00|
|Evening Rental (Monday-Thursday Only, 3 pm-midnight)||$350.00|
|Full Day Rental (Monday - Thursday)||$440.00|
|All rentals occurring Friday, Saturday, or Sunday||$500.00|
|Non-Profit Organization Full Day Rental (Schools & School Groups, Religious Organizations, State Government Entities, and County Government Departments)||$390.00|
Special Holiday Rental: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day
|2nd & 3rd Consecutive Day||$350/day|
|Each additional Consecutive Day||$300.00/day|
Hiring an Off-Duty Police Officer
Off-duty Paducah Police officers may be hired by the public to perform security and traffic control services. Officers are often hired to provide security and traffic control at large and small events, traffic control for road construction or other projects in the roadway, security for meetings, and many other situations including weddings, graduations, birthday parties, jewelry store security, and sporting events.