Objective - Quality of Life
Focused effort on City services and projects that improve the community.
Note: This was also a 2022 priority, called Beautification.
Parks and Recreation
Quality of Life Priority Details
- Expectations and Tactics
- Accelerate the evaluation of the prohibited noises code and evaluate enforcement opportunities.
- Update sign ordinance and facilitate collaboration across all departments for sign violation enforcement.
- Raise public and city employee awareness about the importance of mental health and available resources.
- Implement a community-wide event focusing on beautification and litter pickup.
- Accomplishments - 2022 to present
- Launched Paducah 311 online service request system and app in January 2022. In the first year of operation,1080 service requests were submitted with the top request types as brush pick up, code enforcement, pot holes, and general inquiry. There were 739 downloads of the Tyler 311 app.
- The Paducah Civic Beautification Board has determined their 2023 beautification goals. Goals include updating the Dogwood Trail signage, identifying a maintenance plan for Welcome signage, and repairing the fountain in City Hall. The Board is looking at participating in the Earth Day Farmers' Market event to promote litter collection. New Dogwood Trail directional signs and pole banners for Broadway and Jefferson have been designed and ordered. The Board is reaching out to a community partner for assistance in maintaining the Welcome to Paducah signs.
- The Creative & Cultural Council is reviewing a draft public art implementation plan and has developed a work plan identifying potential projects to include temporary public art downtown, the expansion of the Broadway window mural project, and a public art installation for the Southside. The Board held a strategic planning retreat in December 2022 with a large public art project as the main 2023 priority.
- The Southside Steering Committee gathered public feedback for recreation improvements at Robert Coleman Park in October 2022.
- Paducah Main Street is improving the streetscape on the 3rd Street corridor between Kentucky and Jefferson streets.
Read all Commission Priorities and Continuous Improvement Items including each action item's objective, key departments, and expectations by visiting Commission Priorities.