Apply for Permits and Plans - Online Services Portal
The City of Paducah Online Services Portal is a 24-hour permitting and service request system. An account is required for permit and plan applications. Use the Online Services Portal to
- View permit information and records (permits, plans, inspections, and code cases).
- Apply for commercial and residential building, planning, and construction permits.
- Submit subdivision and development proposals, rezoning plans, sign permits, etc.
- View permit application status and reviews.
- Schedule, cancel, and view inspection results.
- Pay invoices and fees for permits and plans.
- Make service requests through the 311 portal.
Citizen Boards for Planning
The Paducah Planning Department provides staff support to several City of Paducah boards including the Board of Adjustment (BOA) | Creative & Cultural Council | Historic Architecture Review Commission (HARC) | Paducah Main Street | Paducah Planning Commission and URCDA.
- Board of Adjustment (BOA)
The Board of Adjustment is a quasi-judicial board established under KRS 100.217. Learn more including the Board's duties, members, and meetings by visiting
- Creative & Cultural Council
To enhance arts and culture in Paducah, the City established the Paducah Creative & Cultural Council in December 2019 (Paducah Code of Ordinances Chapter 2). The Council's roles and functions include
- Acting as a resource for local artists and organizations.
- Undertaking initiatives that support the creative economy and the arts and culture ecosystem of Paducah.
- Uniting and connecting local partners to address community needs and make the community more healthy, vibrant and equitable.
- Recognizing, promoting and encouraging creative industry growth.
- Identifying funding and grant opportunities for local artists and arts & cultural organizations and assisting with the acquisition of said funding and grants.
- Coordinating efforts between agencies and individual artists and educating the public regarding community arts opportunities.
- Assisting with the installation of public art in neighborhoods, public places, and commercial corridors.
- Performing assessments on the state of arts and culture in Paducah.
Learn more including the Council's members, meetings, and artist directory by visiting
- Historic and Architectural Review Commission (HARC)
The City of Paducah Historic and Architectural Review Commission was established under KRS 100.217. HARC is a special board of adjustment, which has sole and exclusive jurisdiction as a Board of Adjustment over historic zones and the Neighborhood Services Zone (NSZ) within the City.
Learn more including the Board's duties, members, and meetings by visiting
- Paducah Main Street
Visit Paducah Main Street for information about the Board and its meetings.
Visit Downtown Development Programs for information and applications regarding
- Artist Setup Area Application
- Downtown & Market House District Assessment and Reassessment Tax Moratorium
- Historic Downtown New Business Grant Program
- Micro-Grants: Facade and Beautification
- Roof Stabilization Assistance Program
- Upper Story Residential Grant Program
- Paducah Planning Commission and URCDA
The City of Paducah Planning Commission is established by Paducah Code of Ordinances Section 82-31 through 82-35 pursuant to KRS 100.133. It is a seven-member citizen board appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Commission. The Planning Commission has numerous duties including, but not limited to the following:
- Hold Public Hearings
- Review and approve subdivisions
- Review annexation requests and make recommendations to the City Commission
- Review Conditional Use applications and make recommendations to the Board of Adjustment
- Review and approve Development plans and amendments
- Review Planned Unit Developments
- Review and approve applications for zone changes and map amendments
- Make recommendations to the City Commission or the Board of Adjustment.
Learn more including Board members, duties, and meetings by visiting